We can help you to deliver the Arts Award! In rural areas it can be hard to get access to good live professional performances and workshops, but our events are everywhere.
· Arts Alive programmes a broad range of performances – theatre, dance, puppetry, spoken word as well as live music
· These performances are staged in a wide variety of formats, so your young people can see work traverse, in the round, and cabaret, as well as classic end on.
· We programme a lot of physical theatre, diverse companies, ensemble work and work from younger companies.
· Our tickets are excellent value – generally £5 for under 18s – we want to see more young people at our performances.
· Our venues are mostly not ‘arts dedicated’ spaces, so the presentation is very intimate and informal . The audience can chat to the performers after the show, get a look at the set and props, puppets, ask questions -really have a more interesting experience than the usual.
· We can often organise a post show Q & A or pre show workshops – please ask!
· We love to receive any reviews of shows by young people, and they can give short reviews via our website, Twitter or Facebook page.
· We are committed to working with young people who may be interested in a career in the creative industries, by offering work experience placements and internships.
· When funding is available we can run young promoters groups – your school or group gets to host a professional event, learn about marketing, budgeting, front of house. We currently have an offer on this working with Manchester’s Contact Theatre.
· We operate an informal ‘Young Scouts’ group, comprised of young people originally from our rural area, now living in cities. We can get them a complementary ticket for a show , they send us a review.
If you want to ask anything specific about working with young people please email firstname.lastname@example.org